Promoting Manotick since 1996
Wearing non-medical Facemasks
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after putting on a mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it.
- Make sure the mask fits well (no gaps) over your mouth and nose.
- Change the mask by only touching the straps or ear-loops as soon as it gets damp or soiled. Do not touch the front of the mask.
- Place the used mask directly into the washing machine or a bag that can be emptied into the washing machine and then disposed of.
- Wash the cloth masks in the washing machine with other items using regular laundry detergent and a hot cycle, and then dry them thoroughly.
- If a non-medical mask cannot be washed, discard and replace it as soon as it gets damp, soiled, or crumpled. Dispose of masks properly in a garbage bin lined with a plastic bag. Do not leave discarded masks inshopping carts or on the ground. Do not place a used mask on any work surface, common area, or equipment because it could contaminate that surface.
- Do not share masks with others.
- Continue physical distancing and wash your hand often.
Source: Information about Non-medical Masks (City of Ottawa)