Carleton Electoral District 017
Manotick (Long Is., Nicolls Is., south of Bankfield Rd.), North Gower, Kars,Richmond, Munster, Stittsville, Riverside South, Osgoode, Greely, Metcalfe. (Barrhaven is in Nepean Electoral District.)
This riding was created by electoral redistribution (2012) for both provincial and federal elections. 41% of the riding comes from the riding of CarletonóMississippi Mills, 59% from NepeanóCarleton and under 1% from Ottawa South.
Election History: Nepean-Carleton, Carleton
- 1976: Nepean-Carleton was created (information, map)
- 1986: Renamed Nepean.
- 1996: Renamed Nepean-Carleton again, combined with part of Carleton-Gloucester and Lanark-Carleton ridings.
- 1997 Federal Election winner: David Pratt (LIB)
Other Candidates: Reform: Paul Fitzgerald, PC: Betty Hill, NDP: Cathy Martin, Canadian Action: Terrence Bellz, Natural Law: Brian Jackson.
- 1999 Ontario election winner: John Baird (PC)
Other Candidates: LIB: Gord Hunter, NCP: Craig Parsons, Freedom: Bill Frampton, Natural Law Party: Brian E. Jackson
- 2000 Federal election winner: David Pratt (LIB)
Candidates: LIB: David Pratt, Can. Alliance: Michael Green, PC: Bill Knott, NDP: Craig Parsons, GRN: Isobel McGregor, Canadian Action: Jack Waisvisz, Natural Law: Lester Newby. Registered voters: 83,533
- 2003 Ontario election winner: John Baird (PC)
Other Candidates: LIB: Rod Vanier, NCP: Liam McCarthy, GRN: Matt Takach.
- 2004: Nepean-Carleton expanded to add part of eastern Ottawa up to Highway 417.
- 2004 Federal election winner: Pierre Poilievre (PC)
Other Candidates: LIB: David Pratt, NDP: Phil Brown, GRN: Chris Walker, Marijuana: Brad Powers.
- 2005 Nepean-Carleton Population: 109,291; Average family income: $94,830; Unemployment: 4.3%
- 2006 Federal election winner: Pierre Poilievre (CON)
Other Candidates: LIB: Michael Gaffney, NDP: Laurel Gibbons, GRN: Lori Gadzala.
- 2007 Ontario election winner: Lisa MacLeod (PC)
Other Candidates: LIB: Jai Aggarwal, NDP: Tristan Maack, GRN: Gordon Kubanek, Family Coalition: Suzanne Fortin.
- 2008 Federal election winner: Pierre Poilievre (CON)
Other Candidates: LIB: Ed Mahfouz, NDP: Phil Brown, GRN: Lori Gadzala
- 2011 Federal election winner: Pierre Poilievre (CON)
Other Candidates: LIB: Ryan Keon, NDP: Ric Dagenais, GRN: Jean-Luc Cook.
- 2015 Federal Carleton election:
Conservative: Pierre Poilievre 27,762 46.9%
Liberal: Chris Rodgers 25,813 43.6%
NDP: KC Larocque 3,632 6.1%
Green Party: Deborah Coyne 1,932 3.3%
Total votes: 59,139
- 2015: Carleton and Nepean electoral districts were created during restribution.
- 2019 Federal election: Carleton
Conservative: Pierre Poilievre 31,637 46.6%
Liberal: Chris Rodgers 25,934 38.2%
NDP: Kevin Hua 6,289 9.3%
Green Party: Gordon Kubanek 3,302 4.9%
People's Party: Alain Musende 773 1.1%
Total votes: 67,935 of 87,807 registered electors (77.37%)
Population: 102,918 Voters List: 87,807
- 2019 Federal election: Nepean
Liberal: Chandra Arya 31,098 45.6%
Conservative: Brian St. Louis 22,849 33.5%
NDP: Zaff Ansari 8,852 13.0%
Green Party: Jean-Luc Cooke 4,347 6.4%
People's Party: Azim Hooda 719 1.1%
Communist: Dustan Wang 326 0.5%
Total votes: 68,191 of 93,119 registered electors (73.23%)
Population: 119,110 Voters List: 93,119